FAMEkids Safe Kid Kits
On the final day of FAMEkids group sessions, each child receives a Safe Kid Kit: a backpack filled with items to help them succeed and deal with their situation.
Safe Kid Kits include:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, face cloth)
- Art supplies (sketchbook, notebook, pencil case, pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, markers, colour pencils, stickers)
- Seasonal items (mittens and gloves in the winter, socks, baseball cap in the summer)
- Toys and personal objects (stress ball, deck of cards, small toy, small non-perishable snack)
- FAME materials (affirmation cards, feelings cards, safety plans, emergency contact cards)
These items are tailored to each child’s needs and personalities. The backpack allows the child to make use of the ideas and tools gained through FAMEkids even after the group program has ended.
For children who know someone experiencing a mental illness, these backpacks provide a practical toolkit and a physical reminder of the support available to them.
Donate to FAME and help us provide more children and youth with the tools and supports they need.