How You Can Help
Helping Families Get to the Heart of the Matter
One in five Canadians will experience a mental illness. At FAME, we support the other four – the family members and caregivers. Help families get to the heart of the matter by donating to FAME. Just $25 a month will make a difference to our families.
Your support can help with:
• One-on-one family support;
• Public education and awareness for family members and caregivers;
• Support for children and adolescents whose families are impacted by a mental health concern.
Together, we can foster hope, strength, and resilience in families. Please donate today and give from the bottom of your heart.
Safe Kid Kits
On the final day of FAMEkids group sessions, each child receives a Safe Kid Kit: a backpack filled with items to help them succeed and deal with their situation.
Safe Kid Kits include:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, face cloth)
- Art supplies (sketchbook, notebook, pencil case, pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, markers, colour pencils, stickers)
- Seasonal items (mittens and gloves in the winter, socks, baseball cap in the summer)
- Toys and personal objects (stress ball, deck of cards, small toy, small non-perishable snack)
- FAME materials (affirmation cards, feelings cards, safety plans, emergency contact cards)
These items are tailored to each child’s needs and personalities. The backpack allows the child to make use of the ideas and tools gained through FAMEkids even after the group program has ended.
For children who know someone experiencing a mental illness, these backpacks provide a practical toolkit and a physical reminder of the support available to them. Many children who participate in FAMEkids are identified as being marginalized or at risk and often are not living in their own homes. This backpack makes kids feel special and recognized.
Donate to FAME and help us provide more children and youth with the tools and supports they need.
Serving on a board of directors is an important way to enrich and strengthen a community and to lend your talents, skills, knowledge and experience to the work of an organization that you believe in.
The Family Association for Mental Health Everywhere (FAME) is conducting a recruitment process to fill available positions on its Board of Directors. We are looking, in particular, for applicants with a background in finances, family law, justice, police services or advocacy (in connection with the kinds of clients our agency serves). Prior volunteer work or work as a member of a non-profit Board of Directors would be an asset.
If you are interested in doing volunteer work with a strong and deeply collaborative strategic team please forward your resume with a cover letter expressing your interest to Jane McNulty, Board Member, at email@example.com or call her at 416-620-0715.